Technology worth preserving.
- The use of Certified seed will be required
- CoAXium® Wheat Production System Grower Stewardship Agreement will be required
- Use only labeled rates of Aggressor® herbicides by weed species
- Don’t allow grassy weed escapes to go to seed
- Rotate herbicide modes of action between crop cycles especially between Glyphosate, Group 1 & Group 2 herbicides
- Use CoAXium Wheat Production System no more than two years in a row in a two-year rotation with a summer fallow-winter wheat rotation
CoAXium Wheat Production System Crop Rotation:
- Do not use the CoAXium Wheat Production System more than two years in a row and rotate with Group 2 or Group 15 herbicide modes of action In annual crop winter wheat
- 2-Year Summerfallow – Winter Wheat Rotation: Only use CoAXium Wheat Production System two years out of six years
- 3-Year Summerfallow – Winter Wheat – Spring Crop Rotation: Only use CoAXium Wheat Production System two years out of six years in a three-year rotation — making sure you use a Group 2 herbicide for grass control in spring wheat or barley crops. Use a Group 1 “Dim” vs a Group 1 “Fop” in the legume crop for post emerge grass control.
Grower & Industry Education Is Critical.
- Herbicide-tolerance traits in cereals are not cross tolerant so good farm management and record keeping is required
- New technology in wheat will require industry stewardship, education and on-farm management
- Albaugh has pioneered colorless seed treatments so that seed treatment colors can help manage the risk associated with utilizing two different herbicide-tolerance wheat production systems in the market
- Seed treatment colors can help the seed industry and growers segregate and manage the new trait introduction from the time CoAXium Wheat Production System is planted, the crop stand is established, the Aggressor application is made, and a cleaner harvest can be completed.
“CoAxium Wheat Production System is an exciting new brand built from the ground up with innovation, performance and grower value in mind,” stated Chad Shelton, Global Proprietary Products Director at Albaugh LLC, North America. “CoAxium Wheat Production System will help growers maximize their return on investment by controlling tough winter annual grasses in winter wheat. CoAxium Wheat Production System is a combination of a patented herbicide trait, elite germplasm, a new herbicide brand and a strong focus on industry stewardship.”
Head, CoAXium Executive Committee, Global Director of Proprietary Products, Albaugh
CoAXium® Wheat Production System combines a herbicide-tolerance trait, elite varieties, a new branded herbicide and a comprehensive industry stewardship package.
Aggressor® is the new herbicide brand that is linked to the patented trait and controls winter annual grasses in the CoAXium Wheat Production System.
AXigen® is the patented non-GMO trait that confers tolerance to a Group 1 herbicide and is being introduced into elite public and private varieties adapted to your growing environment.